Udemy Free Coupon Course | Everything to learn the skills of a financial analyst on Wall Street to enter the world of investment banking.
What you’ll learn
- Investment banking is notoriously hard to get into and you need every edge you can get. This course is perhaps your best bet at getting that edge. There are other finance courses out there, but this one is laser focused on Investment banking and that is what makes it good.
- This is a self-paced, fully online program offered by ex-Goldman Sachs analyst that offers the most comprehensive look at Investment Banking for interns, analysts and associates alike. It takes about 10 hours of effort to complete, depending on your skill level.
- The course covers all relevant topics ranging from equity market to debt market, IPO, and M&A. Which makes this well suited for professionals looking to get into M&A, capital markets, fund management, coverage, valuation, research and other Investment Banking roles.
- You’ll develop the essential, desk-ready skills related to Capital Markets, Fund Management, Valuation, and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- The skills developed within this program are applicable to a multitude of Analyst roles within the Investment Banking field including acquisition advisory, equity and fixed income capital markets, and risk management.
- Understand the time value of money, basic statistics of sampling and estimation, hypothesis testing, probability distribution, correlation and regression techniques, and time-series analysis.
- Read and understand key elements of financial statements and reports, such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements as well as how to apply basic financial and accounting principles to budget preparation and analysis.
- Possess a comprehensive and accurate picture of the hedge fund industry, various hedge fund strategies, hedge fund operations, and considerations for hedge fund investors.
- We assume you are new to financial modeling so we take things slow at first before really getting into the technicals later on.
- This online program reflects the training new analysts receive at the leading investment banks. It’s challenging, but if you want to demonstrate you are as good as the best in the industry then this is the course for you.
First, let me give you 2 facts.
Fact 1, the most common fee scale of an investment bank on a merger deal is based on Lehman 5-4-3-2-1 formula, this means 5% is paid on the first million dollars of the sale price, 4% on the next million, 3% on the third million, 2% on the fourth million, and 1% on the amount over $4 million dollars. For large transactions, the fees are less than 1% of the deal’s value, still a tremendous amount of money.
The 2nd fact is that taking a company public can also be very expensive. Costs vary, but can be as much as 10% on a $150 million stock issue, not including internal expenses, such as management’s time. Some costs are ongoing, like the cost of Securities and Exchange Commission compliance.
By now, I bet you have many questions in your mind.
Why does investment banking make so much money? Why does investment banking require a top-notch education, stellar grades and extremely competitive business analysts to do their jobs? What is investment banking? Is it investing? Is it banking?
In this training program, we’ll answer all your questions, and learn the business of investment banking.
We’ll cover the specific industry jargon and go through what is the sell side, the buy side. What is investment banking, asset management, sales and trading, as well as hedge funds.
Next, I’ll walk you through some really important concept in financial market. The reason I’m doing this is that Finance knowledge is not only critically important for finance job seekers, but also for anyone who is in business- or wants to own a business. Understanding finance is the “reality check” for your business.
Whether you are seeking for an investment banking position, or you want to learn how to manage your money, become smarter and more aware of opportunities in your life, this course will apply to you.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Recent Graduates, Final Year Masters Students, Finance Professionals Looking to Accelerate their Knowledge
- Anyone who is struggling to break into investment banking industry
- Recent graduates, final year masters students, finance professionals looking to accelerate their knowledge
- Most versatile course suitable for anyone who is going to take investment banking and finance roles
Category: Business, Finance, Investment Banking
Instructor: Dennis Cornell
94.99 Free (Udemy 100% off coupon code) ENROLL NOW