Udemy 100% Off Coupon Course: REBT – Evidence Based and Modern Therapy
You can heal yourself or those you work with using this effective and modern therapy
What you’ll learn
- Students will able to understand and apply this modern therapy in their own life.
- Practitioners will be able to use the worksheets and instructions provided for working with their own clients.
- Anyone will be able to identify beliefs and thoughts that lead to emotional distress and how to eliminate it.
- No previous knowledge or tools are required for this course.
REBT stands for Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy. And in this course, I will show you what these four elements mean and how they apply. REBT has also been referred to as “rational therapy” or “rational emotive therapy” emphasizing the rational aspect of therapy.
As you can probably guess, the focus then, is to help clients live in a more rational way. Ellis believed that the thoughts and beliefs that led to unhelpful or maladaptive behaviors and consequences, were the result of irrational or self-defeating beliefs.
So, the main idea of REBT is that our behaviors and emotions, which is the way we feel and act, are influenced by our attitudes and beliefs.
This makes sense, doesn’t it? Our emotions and behaviors are the result of our beliefs that precede it. The expectations we have about situations, our thoughts about how we should act and how others should act, affect how we feel and really decide our emotional responses to challenging or difficult life events.
Therefore, instead of addressing the symptom, with REBT we go farther down to the underlying cause. We change our beliefs. When we change our beliefs, it changes us.
REBT is really a self-help and self-management type of therapy. It has become so popular because it is effective and simple to use for many different problems. It has been used for anxiety disorders, pain management, coping with stress, depression, PTSD, family issues, addictions of all sorts, phobias, and much more.
It is a one of a kind therapy that really encourages people to examine their goals, values and expectations of themselves.
One thing to keep in mind, is that even though some people do have genetics, or upbringing, or family situations that they can’t change or control, they can change their perceptions and beliefs about it, and their underlying thoughts about it, to bring relief.
So, with that said, REBT focuses on the techniques of change, rather than just gaining insight. It focuses on the root cause, instead of just the symptoms.
Who is the target audience?
- Those interested in gaining relief from anxiety, depression, PTSD or any other emotional or mental health concern.
- Practitioners, counselors and therapist that would like to use REBT in their own practice.
- Anyone who would like to understand how to overcome emotional or psychological concerns using REBT.
Category: Personal Development, Personal Transformation, RBET
Instructor: Scott Roberts, M.S.
199.99Free (100 % off coupon code) ENROLL NOW