How to Land Your First Job in Filmmaking or Screenwriting.
Filmmaking, Screenwriting & Film School is hard enough. Learn how to navigate the Hollywood waters & get your first job!
What Will I Learn?
- You’ll be able to get a job in Hollywood of the film industry
- A love for the film industry
Join over 25,000 students learning from our courses!
Hollywood is hiring. Will you make the cut? Are you are dying to work in entertainment…but don’t even know where to start? Have you made a start…but don’t know what to do next to achieve your dreams?
Are you stuck in a rut because you don’t have any Hollywood connections…yet?
Carole Kirschner’s How to Land Your First Job in Filmmaking or Screenwriting teaches you everything you need to know about how to lock in a job in the entertainment industry–and stay there.
You’re done with film school. Now what?
Film schools and colleges are great places to learn about storytelling, cameras, lighting and editing. But how to do you land an actual job in the business? This online course from Hollywood hiring expert Carole Kirschner will teach you real-world skills and techniques that get noticed in the entertainment industry.
How Carole Kirschner has helped entertainment professionals break into the Industry:
“Carole’s advice dramatically changed the course of my career.” – Vera Santamaria, Co-Executive Producer Orange is the New Black
“Working with Carole might have been the single most defining factor in taking my career from aspiring to working writer.”
–Greta Heinemann, Executive Story Editor
“I owe a great deal of my success to having spent time listening to Carole’s insight, advice and expertise.” – Aaron Rahsaan Thomas, Showrunner S.W.A.T
- Discover how to build authentic, lasting connections, even if you don’t know anyone in the industry.
- Learn confidence-building skills and techniques to look and act the part before and during the interview.
- Learn what makes the HR manager want to set up interviews for you–and what makes them run for the hills.
- Overcome your fear of reaching out and following up, using techniques that work even if you’re shy.
- Get savvy about where and what to research before heading into an interview, so you don’t sound like a total newbie.
- Learn to craft your own standout resume…and check out examples of spectacular failures.
- Create an action-focused mission statement to lock in a personalized roadmap for your future.
LEARN FROM A PRO
Carole Kirschner is Director of the WGA Showrunner Training Program and creator of the CBS Diversity Writers Program. Using proven strategies based on years of experience at major studios and production companies, Carole has helped countless creatives break in and move up in the entertainment industry.
- Navigate your job search more effectively by learning what the business is really like
- What every decision maker is looking for when hiring at the entry level
- Who you should really be talking to
- How to make sure you’re taken seriously
- The unspoken Hollywood dress code
- How to overcome your fear of following up
- Discover how your unique story makes you memorable and stand out from the crowd
- How to create your personal entertainment industry brand
- Why it’s important to have one
- How being authentic will make you feel more comfortable talking about yourself
- What all Hollywood hiring agents are looking for–but nobody ever tells you
- How to create an industry-ready resume & killer cover letter
- 5 proven job search strategies
- Learn a strategy to get motivated–and stay motivated
- Hollywood is all about who you know. Learn effective techniques to start building your own powerful contact list
- 3 principles that will change how you think about networking
- Where to meet people
- What to say when you meet new people
- The power of the soft Hollywood ask
“…I owe a great deal of my success… to having spent time listening to Carole’s insight, advice and expertise. ” – Aaron Rahsaan Thomas, Showrunner, The Get Down (Amazon)
“Working with Carole might have been the single most defining factor in taking my career from aspiring to working writer.” – Greta Heinemann, Executive Story Editor, NCIS: New Orleans (CBS)
“After working with Carole, I go into meetings with a real confidence… that strategy has helped me land four gigs.” – Niceole R. Levy, Exec Story Editor, Shades of Blue
About your instructor:
As Director of the WGA Showrunner Training Program and creator of the CBS Diversity Writers Program, Carole Kirschner is a fierce supporter of aspiring writers, producers, directors and executives.
During her career as a senior level television development executive at CBS and as Vice President of Steven Spielberg’s first Amblin Television Department, Carole has read over 5,000 scripts, heard over 3,000 pitches, bought hundreds of projects and has been involved in developing dozens of television series.
“I’m passionate about helping talented, ambitious creative professionals shatter barriers to break in, move up, and navigate the entertainment industry.”
Carole is now director of two prestigious television career development programs, as well as an international speaker, entertainment career coach, and author of Hollywood Game Plan: How to Land a Job in Film, TV and Digital Entertainment.
In her role as an executive, program director and career coach, she has mentored and helped hundreds of talented writers, producers, directors and executives break in and take their careers to the next level.
Join over 25,000 students that have already taken Indie Film Hustle filmmaking and screenwriting courses.
You only get one shot at a first impression. Make it count.
If you’ve got the dream.
If you’ve got the drive.
Enroll NOW! Let’s get started!
Who is the target audience?
- film students
- anyone who wants a job in the film industry
Category: Photography, Video Design, Filmmaking
Instructor: Indie Film Hustle, Carole Kirschner
179.99 Free (100 % off coupon code) ENROLL NOW