Build a Python Flask Website with Bootstrap and REST API.
Quickstart to Working with Python on the Web.
What you’ll learn
- Create a Flask website
- Work with JSON data via REST API
- Implement basic bootstrap UI with panels, table and form
- Handle POST data via form and GET requests
- Cache data locally with sqlite
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Text Editor
- Web Browser
- Python Environment (Course will Use Mac/Linux and Python 3)
This course details installing Flask and working with a JSON API to pull data and display it using Bootstrap on a webpage. It will display in a table and also have a web form that will allow for input and to process POST requests to update content in Bootstrap Panels. Will also use sqlite to cache data locally. Basic knowledge of Python is recommended.
Who is the target audience?
- Beginners looking to get an introduction to Flask or Web Development
- Professionals interested in developing web dashboards to help teams
- Those interested in pulling data from JSON API and manipulating data
- Exposure to bootstrap and basic UI creation
Instructor: Ryan Brailey